About the institute
September 20, 1933. People's Commissars of the USSR adopts a decree on the organization of the capital of Kazakhstan, Almaty Kazakh Mining and Metallurgical Institute (KazMMI) with the inclusion of Semipalatinsk geological prospecting institute. Transmission Act was issued September 27, 1933. All three courses of Semipalatinsk geological prospecting institute as part of 121 students and all the material and technical base were transferred to KazMMI. So formed Kazakh Mining and Metallurgical Institute - the first higher education institution of the republic, the first forge of engineering personnel of Kazakhstan.
The first head of the Institute was appointed mining engineer Ashir Dzhanalievich Burkitbayev. A graduate of Ural-Kazakhstan Industrial Academy he his inexhaustible energy and dedication made a great contribution to the formation and development of the institute. The school year in the new Institute began September 1, 1934. 145 students began their studies, especially among those who were transferred from Semipalatinsk. But in October-November 1934 in the Institute joined a new set of freshmen. n 1960 KazMMI was transformed into the Kazakh Polytechnic Institute in connection with the development of industrial production and expanding the range of specialties of mining and smelting areas. At the time of the reorganization of the institute has conducted training of engineers in 12 specialties.
Deans of faculties in different years were: the mountain faculty - AN Kulibaba (1938-1939gg; 1951-1952gg), PM Koshulko (1944-1947gg; 1952-1955gg), SP Kravchenko (1947-1951gg), AD Spitcin (1955-1968gg), SA Shrubko (1968-1978gg), MN Dzhurkashev (1978-1986gg), AF The guild (1986-1990), TM Igbaev (1990-1993gg) H..A. Yusupov (1994-2007gg), BI Iskakov (2007-2010.) Rysbekov KB (2010-2014.). For metallurgical faculty - II Liner, IZ Slutsky, SA Karamullin, HN Nurmagambetov (1964-1980 gg.), JS Sadykov (1981-1986 biennium), BJ Abylgazin (1987-1993 gg.), AK Kobzhasov (1994-2008), BS Baimbetov (2008-2011.).
In 2000, the Mining and Metallurgical departments were merged in Mining and Metallurgical Institute. In 2003, GMI has been reorganized in the Mining Institute named O.A.Baykonurova and the Institute of Metallurgy and printing.
n 2011, in order to focus teaching and research capacity of the university to the specific state priority areas of science, engineering and technology has made the university restructuring, the decision of the Academic Council of the Kazakh National Technical University named after KI Satpayev by order number 421-p from 14.07.2011g . Mining and Metallurgical Institute named O.A.Baykonurova was created.
OA Baikonur, whose name is the current Mining and Metallurgical Institute at kazniti, is a graduate of KazMMI 1940. Working after graduation at the Zhezkazgan copper smelting plant, has grown into a major specialist, becoming later chief engineer and head of the mining department. Since 1952, for ten years, academician OA Baikonurov worked as the rector of the institute.
From 2011-2015, the Institute was headed by a graduate of the Faculty of Mining, Ph.D., Associate Professor Kanai Rysbekov Bahytovich.
Since 2016 the Institute is headed by Doctor of Technical Sciences, professor, corresponding member of NAS RK Abisheva Zinesh Sadyrovna.
Currently, the institute five producing departments.
Mining and Metallurgical Institute provides training in 5-bachelor, master's and 7 3rd doctoral programs. Preparation of bachelors, masters and doctors PhD at the Institute conducted in gosudars¬tvennom and Russian languages spetsialnos¬tyam: Mining; Metallurgy; Geodesy and Cartography; Technological machinery and equipment; Mineral Processing, Mine Surveying; Land; Inventory.
Currently, the Institute trained about 1,500 studentov full-time education, more than 90 graduate students and 45 doctoral students.
Scientific - pedagogical work are 119 teachers, including 17 doctors and 52 candidates of sciences, 8 doctors PhD. The Institute has 33 teaching and research laboratories.
The main strategic partners are the Institute with the industry: JSC "Vasilkovsky GOK", JSC "Sokolov-Sarbaiskoye ore-dressing production association"; "Kazzinc; "Zhairem"; "Kazakhstan GIS Center" in MD of RK; "KAZGEOCOSMOS JSC"; JSC "Munaygas"; JSC "Donskoy GOK", "Kazakhmys Corporation"; LLP "Uzenmunaygas"; "Mangistaumunaigas" JSC. JV "Karachaganak Petroleum Ltd»; "Kazatomprom"; Kazphosphate LLP; LLP "Zherek"; LLP "BogatyrKomir"; LLP "ShalkiyaZinc Ltd»; Leica Almaty center «EATC» Ltd; JV «NOVA zinc"; JSC "Kazakhvzryvprom"; LLP "Interin" and others.
The structure of the institute has a research and production center, 4 branch departments: Institute of Mining named D.Kunaev, LLP «Leica Geosystems Kazakhstan», Kazakhstan GIS Center, printing works (TSKGF) and two training grounds: Kapchagai geodesic polygon and "training ground Institute ".
The Institute has strong ties Colorado School of Mines (USA);
Higher Technical University of Applied Sciences (Bochum, Germany); Technical University of Freiberg Mining Academy (Freiberg, Germany); Technical University Kalushta (Germany); Scientific Institute Weizmann (Israel), Moscow State Mining University; Saint-Petersburg State Mining University; NUST "MISA" of the Russian Federation; Ural Mining University; Helsinki University of Technology; University of Dublin; IPKON RAS; MIGAIK; Kvislendsky University (g.Brisban, Australia); Technion Israel Institute of Technology (Haifa, Israel); Magnitogorsk State Technical University. G.I.Nosova; Accreditation agencies: RAEE, ASIIN, ABET.
The Institute carries out research work of more than 200 million. Tenge. Sformiro¬valis new scientific directions corresponding re¬alnym market demands of mining and metallurgical kom¬pleksa republic.
Professorial - teaching staff insti¬tuta actively developing training, educational materials, both at the state and Russian languages. The scientists of the Institute over the past 2 years published 24 monographs, received 36 acts vnedereniya, published 42 textbooks and manuals, more than 500 scientific articles and abstracts at international and national conferences, received 35 innovative patents and published 53 articles with non-zero impact factor.
Goals and Objectives
• Improvement of education on the basis of a multi-level training system in GMI and priorities for the development of higher education and science.
• Integration of Education and Science on the basis of innovative technology development and utilization of the intellectual potential of the team.
• Development of the Mining and Metallurgical Institute as a part of kazniti them. KISatpaev as an institution of innovative type based on a combination of training with basic and applied research.
• The use of new and innovative pedagogical process of technological and pedagogical solutions, ideas and principles of innovative educational technologies, providing multiple increase the efficiency and quality of pedagogical work and educational work of students.
• Formation of a stable system of institute partnerships with leading firms, companies and institutions of higher education.
• Intellectual Property and Commercialization of scientific developments.
• Formation of professional tools, information, and social competence of the students, allowing them to provide a high level of competitiveness in the labor market readiness for production activities, the management of labor collectives, norms of behavior in the business environment.
• Creation of an integrated three-stage training model (bachelor - master - doctorate) based on accumulating credit system of education;
• The implementation of the cultural project "Trinity of languages" with the priority development of the state language.
• Education of Kazakhstan patriotism among students, tolerance, high culture, and respect for human rights and freedoms.
• Improvement of educational services on the basis of internal quality assurance system.
• Implementation of the results of research and development activities by implementing them in production.
• Extensive involvement of students by teachers to carry out scientific research.
Mission and Strategy
As a leading University for Technical Education, Research Kazakh National Technical University named after KI Satpayev will contribute to the intellectual and professional development of the society through training with a new generation of technical education.
Focus its activities on the implementation of the contribution to the development of a society based on knowledge, by providing education for continuing education programs;
• The development of students through research and development, critical thinking, development of professionally-oriented skills;
• Use of highly experience teaching students in different educational settings;
• Preparation of new competitive generation of technical specialists for the labor market;
• The development of an environment that welcomes and supports people from different cultures and create an atmosphere of the pursuit of knowledge, the integration of academic and intellectual motivation;
• Carrying out research work, conducting educational activities based on international best practice and the development of its brand training;
• Development of cooperation "University-Industry" to meet labor market requirements for technical specialists to improve the quality of educational training programs for the sector of the economy and business;
• Development of additional education and training programs with the use of multimedia, new teaching technologies for training on the principle of learning throughout life;
• Establishing partnerships with other universities and organizations in order to improve the quality of education, to support the technical and cultural ties.